Sen. Uresti is seeking highly motivated young people who would like an introduction to state government and the legislative process. Applicants must be professional, team oriented, a self-starter, with the ability to multitask, and willing to work in the Senator’s Capitol office during the 83rd Legislative session, from January until June.
Intern Job Description:
- Compile bill notebooks for legislative materials the Senator may sponsor during the 82nd legislative session;
- Contact and/or collaborate with government agencies, legislative staff, and federal, state, and local elected officials regarding current law and possible future legislation;
- Track and report on Senate and House committee activity;
- Research, analyze, and summarize assigned interim charges for the upcoming 82nd Legislature;
- Outreach to constituents, constituent groups, and stake-holder groups to identify areas of concern in the Senator's district;
- Represent Senator Uresti at various meetings, conferences, and/or receptions;
- Assist with constituent casework;
- Minimal travel within district (carpooling arrangements will be made, or you will be reimbursed for your travel);
- Assist in the administrative duties of the office such as answering phones, distributing mail, filing, data entry, and other miscellaneous special projects.